Friday, May 10, 2013

I met my love...and we sort of eloped?

Well not quite. I met my love in Canada, and as I always say, with a cherry on top! Not only was he Polish-Canadian like me, but it turned out that he too was infused with the travel bug when we was 7. Not too far off from me, I got it when I was 10. We had pretty much the exact same backgrounds growing up. He too wanted to see and live in new places. We got a chance, he applied to medical school in Poland, and voila, we were back where we started as kids. But wait a minute, this wasn't any ordinary Poland as we knew it. Things have changed, this wasn't the country we left as kids. Things were better. This was central Europe. We love Europe.

We met in 2007 in Ottawa, Canada. Sparks flew, I can prove it, I swear! ;-) Check out the picture of the night we met in person, I have an aura around me! See, I did not lie. Long story short, we got engaged in 2008, bought a house, flipped it for a profit and yup, left for Poland. In 2009 we got married north of Poznan, where we lived, in a small renewed 1800's villa in a place called Murowana Goslina. I got to ride up on a black stallion to marry the man on my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment